Jogging vs walking

Hi,

I’ve observed that Sweatcoin approves most my steps when I walk but when I jog Sweatcoin is not converting my steps. Does this make sense.

Thanks
reuben

Just out of interest, where do you keep your phone when jogging or walking? I initially encountered the same problem. In my case, I did keep the phone in my shorts pocket. However, when I tried a waistband with the mobile in it, the conversions were much better when jogging/running. I put a little thought into and although I could be wrong, I think it may be a the motion of the phone bouncing freely in a pocket causing the problem. When the phone is tighter your body frame, The mobile moves as you move with very little added bouncing or movement. I use one of those flipbelt things now and just swing it round the back out of the way so that it is only influenced by my body’s movements and nothing more. Out of around 49,000 steps on a jog this morning, I have found that 47,000 have been verified. A loss of only 2k is really not so bad.

I did a little research on the theory and it seems to be quite a popular explanation. However, it would be nice to know the actual answer to this one from A biomechanical standpoint as well as the effect it has on the screening process using the algorithm.

I know I’m labouring the point but it is important to note that this is for the most part only my opinion based on my own findings and a little research. i cannot confirm it to be the true and concise answer to the problem. To be clearer, I am not an athlete and am not with a full understanding of biomechanics or the constraints or variability accepted by the Sweatcoin algorithm. I don’t want to be misleading anybody :sunglasses::+1:t4:

One thing I will mention that I do know for sure is that if you do wear a belt when running/walking, take extra care not to overtighten the belt. Last summer, I trapped the femoral lateral nerve as it passes The outside of the pelvis. Consequently, I lost all feeling on the out facing skin of my right thigh. Physiotherapy has told me that feeling should come back naturally but so far there has been no change in around six months. So, take care not to overtighten. The flipbelt doesn’t actually let you overtighten because it is elasticated and the belt adjuster slips to fit so even if you overtighten it… after your 1st km google it worked itself loose enough to be safe but not so loose as to bounce :sunglasses::+1:t4:

I hope this information may be of use to you. It is probably worth putting a little research in yourself. You may be able to find something more definitive than I did. If you do find out for sure it would be great to know what you have found :smiley: