Offer suggestions

Anything to do with scooters​:pray::pray::pray:

Partner with Uber for uber cash cards or maybe lyft for memberships in their subscription program

@Phatt.One That’s what I was thinking, more products directly related to outdoor fitness activities. I need to replace my current running shoes, but I try to wait for sales or whenever the new models come out so I can get the other shoes cheaper. I spent $140 on my current shoes, but now I’m trying to avoid paying full price, especially with how often trail running shoes should be replaced. Sock too, good running socks can be relatively expensive.

There was once an offer on the UK Marketplace for discount on The Vivobarefoot range. At the time I think I was still having to wear Pool shoes (flip flop type things without the toe string) so didn’t really interest me too much but having researched and spoken with a few people about barefoot running/trekking and I’m interested in taking it to the test. I think even discount codes for Asics Online or something would become a popular one. Sorry for identifying with Asics but I tend to stick with the Gel Kayano 25 for roads and pavement and the GelVenture 6 for trail. For me they seems to last longer than any others I have tried. I think I might actually start a thread on here for discussions about footwear and practical apparel. There is so much variation out there and I know a lot of it can be mystifying for many. It took me ages to work out The differences and the pros/cons of each.

A gear discussion thread is a good idea. A lot of it is personal preference, but it would be helpful to have people with more experience informing other people. I was going to get a pair of the Vivo barefoot shoes, but I missed the sale, and they’ve been out of my size (retailers in the states don’t carry Vivo). I got a pair of Merrell Glove 4’s on sale for $49. They seem to be even more minimalist than Vivo, but the lugs are small, so the grip isn’t as good. I like the barefoot shoes for shorter runs and something with a little more padding for longer runs. I’m giving my feet a chance to adjust to the barefoot shoes, because the first day I had them I went out and ran 8.21 miles in the woods, and my legs and calfs were definitely feeling it the next few days when they wouldn’t have in my normal shoes.

I’ve been thinking about trying literal barefoot walking/running too, but I think for that to really work you’d have to build up quite a layer of calluses, and I don’t want to have callus clubs for feet :joy:

Lol i’m not sure I’d go for the literal barefoot but that could possibly be because of where I live, and most of my steps are on roads lol

Oh geez, yeah I’m not walking barefoot on pavement. I see pseudo-hippies doing it to be “closer to the earth,” but there is nothing natural about walking around barefoot in LA, California (where I lived before TX).

But some of the trails where I run are softer, and less rocky, so it’s not so bad to wander around barefoot for a while. There are snakes though, so you have to be mindful of that :grimacing:

I’d love to see more outdoor offers however winter is coming and wouldn’t mind seeing NOWTV passes on the marketplace again. Maybe even expand to Netflix passes aswell

Call me crazy, but I still enjoy a good print magazine. Magazine subscription offers are pretty cheap now, so they could probably be offered as prizes for not too much SWC. It could be a specific magazine, or it could just be one of the publishers, and you could pick which magazine you wanted.

Sweatcoin could team up with the companies that host various athletic activities. Sometimes entrance fees are quite a bit, so maybe using SWC to pay for your entrance fees, and then earn more coins during the race? I know it wouldn’t be the easiest thing to implement logistically, at least for international users, but it’d probably be easy for SWC to team up with companies hosting UK races. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Would be pretty cool! You never know - right :wink:

Maybe we could have Gift cards as A Redeemable Reward. Or have our sweatcoins be converted into some sort of Gift Card

I would really love if you had hydroflasks, a blendjet, or some money or an order on ROMWE! These are things I’ve been wanting for a really long time I’ve been saving up for one but I can’t save for all of them, or even two if them.

I have my suggestion now. I really like the idea of having bonus coins that one can qualify for. I do not like the idea of it being limited to the top 1% or the top 10% I believe that promotes elitism cliquish competitiveness with just a few of your members. Such high level demands can be intimidating to your more everyday walker. The intention of this app is to promote exercise and healthiness not elitist competition something with the every day person can feel good about.That said I also think There should be a qualifier of some kind just not the top 10%. maybe just a certain amount of steps. Something that is not alienate 90% of the app users. Maybe certain achievements can award you tickets in those tickets can be turned in for a drawing and certain prices can be awarded per drawing

This is a product suggestion for the market place a high quality hand crank usb charger. I usually carry 2 or 3 power banks on me to keep my phone going while on these walks. If one of those popped up in the market I would not think twice about getting one

I looked into this idea myself only a few months back. Just like you I carry round a couple of heavy duty power banks. It turns out there was quite a large campaign a few years back inviting users to the of ways to generate energy through everyday activity.
There are a few crank chargers on the market but to be honest the number of terms you would need to completely charge your phone is insane. I don’t know but I think this could be the downfall of most methods that are brought forward in this drive for free power. i particularly liked the concept of piezoelectric charging. The idea being that an insole could be fitted with a number of piezo transducers (basically the little flat speakers you get in greetings cards). The idea being that every time your foot hit the floor, these transducers would be compressed and generate a small charge that if managed and stored in a powerbank could then be used to charge your phone. Although, I have a feeling this was again abandoned due to the vast number of steps person would need to take to charge a phone.
I believe the US Marines have an insane device that is worn almost like a leg braces and the movement of the legs is captured and the kinetic energy converted and stored as an electrical charge. When I saw the image of this System was worn I can easily see why it never hit the mainstream market. There was also a shake in charge concept introduced at one point but to be fair I think people might look like nutters shaking the battery as they walk down the street :rofl:

I remember a long time ago there was talk of charging a phone with you one body’s nervous system. I guess that never became practical. As to the number of cranks to archive a workable charge I’m okay with work. Walking is my form of medatation and the long repetitive motion of cranking a charger I would find soothing. I have a cheap hand crank now but I aware it actually sucks power out of my phone