We’re sorry if you’d had any step conversion issues! These tips should help you to get things up and running again…
Firstly, please ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of Sweatcoin (we’re constantly updating the app at this time especially, while we better our new algorithm). Please also make sure that you don’t “force send” your steps manually too frequently. Make sure to also ensure you don’t have any preinstalled fitness/step tracking apps that could be interfering!
Next, please find your device from the list below, and see if there’s an improvement within 24 hours time. If not, please let us know your device and username below so we can take a closer look.
iPhone 6 and older
- Uninstall Sweatcoin and reinstall, making sure to use the same email address initially used to register.
- Reboot your device
iPhone 7 and newer
- Go to your iPhone “Settings” > “General” > “Background App Refresh” > turn the top switch OFF and then back ON and then scroll to “Sweatcoin” app and turn the switch OFF and then back ON
- Please make sure that you don’t change your time and date in your iPhone settings, as this can affect things. If you have done so recently, please set it back to “automatic” and reinstall
- Reinstall Sweatcoin (using the same email/number initially used to register)
- Ensure you don’t have any other fitness/step counting apps on your device that could be interfering.
- Delete any preinstalled fitness apps from your Huawei device (usually preinstalled from the device itself when you first got the device).
- Deactivate your pedometer in the device: Go to home screen > open preferences > settings and privacy > screen lock and passwords > show step counter > disable.
If this didn’t work for you:
- In your device, go to “Settings” > “Apps” > find “Sweatcoin” > ensure Power saving mode toggle is OFF
- In your device, go to "Settings > “Apps” > Three dots at the top > “Special Access” > “Battery Optimisation” > “Not allowed” switch to “All apps” > Find “Sweatcoin” > Click on Sweatcoin > Choose “Don’t allow” (this can be done by request from the app like on Samsung)
- Settings > Battery > App launch > Find Sweatcoin > Disable switch > Keep all switches in opened popup as enabled (Auto-launch, Secondary launch, Run in background) Click “OK” (this cannot be adjusted from the app)
Go to the main page of the app and click the “i” button. From here, click “enable” in the yellow card and follow the instructions to ensure your device isn’t adding battery saving restrictions for Sweatcoin.
In your device, please swipe up to “View Apps” > “Settings” > “Battery Saver” > Ensure battery saver is switched OFF.
Other Android Devices
Ensure your device settings don’t have any battery saving settings switched on for Sweatcoin, which could be stopping us from running smoothly in the background