Steps not converting to sweatcoins? Please read!

We’re sorry if you’d had any step conversion issues! These tips should help you to get things up and running again…

Firstly, please ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of Sweatcoin (we’re constantly updating the app at this time especially, while we better our new algorithm). Please also make sure that you don’t “force send” your steps manually too frequently. Make sure to also ensure you don’t have any preinstalled fitness/step tracking apps that could be interfering!

Next, please find your device from the list below, and see if there’s an improvement within 24 hours time. If not, please let us know your device and username below so we can take a closer look.

:raised_hands:

iPhone 6 and older

1. Uninstall Sweatcoin and reinstall, making sure to use the same email address initially used to register.
  2. Reboot your device

iPhone 7 and newer

1. Go to your iPhone “Settings” > “General” > “Background App Refresh” > turn the top switch OFF and then back ON and then scroll to “Sweatcoin” app and turn the switch OFF and then back ON
  2. Please make sure that you don’t change your time and date in your iPhone settings, as this can affect things. If you have done so recently, please set it back to “automatic” and reinstall :slight_smile:
  3. Reinstall Sweatcoin (using the same email/number initially used to register)
  4. Ensure you don’t have any other fitness/step counting apps on your device that could be interfering.

Huawei

1. Delete any preinstalled fitness apps from your Huawei device (usually preinstalled from the device itself when you first got the device).
  2. Deactivate your pedometer in the device: Go to home screen > open preferences > settings and privacy > screen lock and passwords > show step counter > disable.

If this didn’t work for you:

1. In your device, go to “Settings” > “Apps” > find “Sweatcoin” > ensure Power saving mode toggle is OFF
  2. In your device, go to "Settings > “Apps” > Three dots at the top > “Special Access” > “Battery Optimisation” > “Not allowed” switch to “All apps” > Find “Sweatcoin” > Click on Sweatcoin > Choose “Don’t allow” (this can be done by request from the app like on Samsung)
  3. Settings > Battery > App launch > Find Sweatcoin > Disable switch > Keep all switches in opened popup as enabled (Auto-launch, Secondary launch, Run in background) Click “OK” (this cannot be adjusted from the app)

Samsung

Go to the main page of the app and click the “i” button. From here, click “enable” in the yellow card and follow the instructions to ensure your device isn’t adding battery saving restrictions for Sweatcoin.

Motorola

In your device, please swipe up to “View Apps” > “Settings” > “Battery Saver” > Ensure battery saver is switched OFF.

Other Android Devices

Ensure your device settings don’t have any battery saving settings switched on for Sweatcoin, which could be stopping us from running smoothly in the background

Not Converting steps
SweatCoin wont track steps at all
Steps have not been converted since feb 2
My steps are not counting?
No swc converted
Steps not converting to SC's in over a month
Sweatcoin doesn’t work
Poor conversion after migration from iOS to Android
Sweatcoin Giveaway! 🤑 1000 Coins!
Not a single step getting converted
Loving the troublemaker update!
pinned #2

Nice to hear from you again, Emma! Glad to see the team addressing these issues and working hard to resolve them. Keep up the good work!

Thanks @SeedMaster – we really hope these tips will help the majority of those users who’ve encountered issues with their step conversion as we know it’s been a pain for some users recently. For those that can’t be helped with these steps, we hope to get to the bottom of any outstanding issues really soon. We appreciate your patience! :raised_hands:

I have a question. I know it’s been asking several times over. But when is trouble maker coming. I’ve seen a few people wait a couple of years for this release and no news on the release dates? What is making it so long for trouble maker to be released?!

Introduce yourself

It’s a good question @Kyle93 – thanks for bringing it up! We will be posting an update about troublemaker shortly, so please keep an eye out for it here, but to sum up… we have been mainly focused on releasing the new algorithm (with indoor steps), and once our development teams have fixed some issues relating to step conversion problems, we’ll be able to get back to work on the Troublemaker membership. We did an a/b test of the feature, and understood that there needs to be a few changes make before we’re 100% happy to release it to all of our users. Hope this helped!

NOT properly getting steps counted

What would help is having REAL customer support, There are a lot of users wondering why you never respond to problems, SImply put start treating your users with respect or you won’t have ANY.

THIS is the garbage we get from support. OFFER REAL SUPPORT.
NOT automated reply,

Unfortunately we aren’t able to check [email protected] as often as we’d like.

If you have a question about Sweatcoin, need help getting started, have trouble using our app or are experiencing a technical issue - please visit our in app help section or help.sweatcoin as that’s the quickest and most effective way to get the answers you need.

great to see you again Emma, hopefully these issues get solved soon so the team can work on other projects hehe

Can’t wait for trouble maker! But I do have one suspicion. If we can earn 50SWC every 24hours. It will become a lot more easier to buy the big ticket items but… on the other hand. Is the trouble maker going to cost a madness sum in SWC because you can earn 50 a day? Also will the big marathon offers go from 20KSWC up to let’s say 40KSWC to make things more realistic if you work it out 365 x 50 is 18.250SWC. One year instead of the exceedingly long 4 years. As @Emma said there will be a update about this soon.

@Kyle93
To be honest, I can’t see that there will be that many users that will actually max out 50coins a day. 52000 steps is a pretty tall order for a daily target at basically a marathon distance.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who can walk over that a day who aren’t active in the forums. J walk a average 20K steps a day. Personally i walk 1.7 miles to work and from work
3.4/ miles minimum a day. So. I’m
Hoping I get the 20K swc in 1.5 years.

@Kyle93 You are right, there are a few but I’ve been searching high and low for really active people across different running/exercise apps for nearly 3 years and honestly, I’ve only managed to find a handful who retain that level of activity on even a near daily basis. Most I’ve managed to hunt down so far have been either competitive Ultra-Runners & Ultra Trainers.

Hopefully, indoor conversion will find a few more high-steppers come out of the woodwork.

To be perfectly honest, I personally have no great interest interest in athletics or sports whatsoever. Exercise was always a curse word for me :rofl:.

Well and good, of course, and I’m trying the suggested measures to ge my steps converted again.
They haven’t been converted since tuesday - is there any way I can get those steps after the fact?

I mean there’s clearly large discrepancies between what google fit/maps and Sweatcoin have registered me doing.

Thanks for a fun app!

Sorry for any frustration here. Please understand that we have a relatively small support team, and while we try to get back to all our users as quickly as possible, sometimes we aren’t able to respond as quickly as we’d like. If you’ve tried the above steps (specific to your device) and are still running into issues, please can you DM me with your username so our development team can take a further look?

Hello Emma

I tried all these options and they didn’t work for me. My user name is @sergey107653

Just wanted to say that the changes has been great for me. It’s doubled the amount of SweatCoins I typically earn in a day. Thanks for the hard work!

As far as customer support, while I have not always received a personal answer to my queries, I have always been able to find help via the FAQs or in the community.

Thanks for the great work on the App!

Thank you for updating us – I will pass your account info along to our development and product teams right away. Sorry again for any issues – hope to get this sorted for you asap! :slight_smile:

Missing steps…Hello Emma, I have been using this app for a few days now and my steps are not being recorded. The first day that I installed the App it recorded only a few of my steps from the entire day. On day 2, none of the 9k steps I walked were recorded and today I have already walked over 7k steps and I only see 3132 on my account. I have a google fit account that I have been using for years and it tracks all of my steps. please help

Sorry for any issues! Have you tried the steps in the post above for your device?